Wednesday, December 14, 2016

CHANEL N°5 L’EAU - Review


I do enjoy perfume but to be honest I don't usually buy them because I always forget to put on perfume everyday. I have one bottle of CHANEL N°5 EAU PREMIÈRE Eau de Parfum given to me by my mother and I really like the notes and it lasts very long on me. When I heard that Chanel just launched another N°5 perfume called N°5 L’EAU, I was curious. So I bought a small bottle just to see if I like it or not before thinking about getting the full size. So I'm sorry if I don't have photos of the full size bottle.




For perfume, it depends so much on personal preference. It also depends on the person's body and whether the aroma goes well with their body or not. So I can't really say that you will like it or not. I will try my best to describe the smell and how I feel.

N°5 L’EAU is said to feature "Top notes of lemon, mandarin and orange soar skyward with the aldehydes. Rose melds with airy jasmine and a new fraction of ylang-ylang, more modern than ever. Behind this floral whirlwind, vetiver and cedar impart a novel dynamism, softened by white musks notes". 


In think N°5 L’eau is like a young daughter of the original N°5. While the original N°5 is sexy and classic but it's more for special occasions. This new N°5 L’eau has a light and fresh scent that is perfect for everyday and more suitable for younger customers. It contains the essence of the original but in a brighter and clean way. It smells great on me, powdery, warm and musky. If you're not into cirtrusy and lemon smell, don't worry because after you sprayed it on, the perfume will dry down on your body and leave a more softer scent.

One more thing to keep in mind is that this is Eau de Toilette not Eau de Parfum so it's not that long-lasting. It may require you to spray again during the day to keep the scent. One tip is that you should spray on your clothes, not your skin and the scent will last longer.


Pros of CHANEL N°5 L’EAU
Fresh and light scent
Wearable
Have a hint of the original CHANEL N°5
Cons of CHANEL N°5 L’EAU
Not long-lasting
It's Chanel so it's pricey

Overall, I really like this perfume and I can wear it everyday. But I don't think I'm going to purchase the full size bottle because I'm not a perfume kind of gal and still own my CHANEL N°5 EAU PREMIÈRE Eau de Parfum. But for younger girls who need a more wearable and lighter scent for everyday, I totally recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...